CPAP Discount Store is strongly committed to protecting your privacy. Because of the sensitive nature of medical information, we respect the confidentiality of our customers and commit to uphold the privacy of your personal, medical, and financial information. The information that we gather about you on our web site is solely for the purposes of creating a pleasant shopping experience for you. We will not rent, sell, trade, disclose or loan any personally identifiable information we obtain from you to outside companies or third parties unless we are legally required to do so.
What is HIPAA?
HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996) is a broad federal law that addresses many healthcare issues, including insurance benefits, medical savings accounts, and fraud and abuse. The Portability focus of HIPAA is to let people take their health insurance benefits with them when they change jobs or leave the workforce. The Accountability focus of HIPAA is to protect the confidentiality of Protected Health Information (PHI). While the law outlines broad requirements for healthcare organizations, more detailed requirements are found in the federal regulations. These regulations are being developed by the Center For Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and enforced by a combination of the Office of Civil Rights and CMS, all within the Department of Health and Human Services.
Personal Health Information (PHI)
PHI includes information that can be used to identify you that we have created or received about your past, present, or future health condition, such as a prescription.
We may use and disclose your PHI without your authorization for the following reasons:
- When required by federal, state or local law, judicial or administrative proceedings, or law enforcement. We may disclose PHI of military personnel and veterans in certain situations.
- For health oversight activities. We will provide information to assist the government when it conducts an investigation.
- To avoid harm. In order to avoid a serious threat to the health or safety of a person or the public, we may provide PHI to law enforcement personnel or persons able to prevent or lessen such harm.
- For workers compensation purposes. We may provide PHI in order to comply with workers compensation laws.
- To make targeted merchandising offers or send pertinent information about our services directly to you.
We utilize the industry standard security protocol 128-Bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to encode your personal information before it is transmitted over the Internet.
This policy is part of and enforced with:
1 Legal Notice -Click to read
2 User Agreement -Click to read